Just to set things straight, I have never been anti-technology, I just haven't always seen a point in having the newest and greatest stuff (not to mention I haven't been able to afford all of it). Let alone all the social networking, I guess I'd rather talk to people face to face to find out what is going on in their lives, rather than write it in a blog (ha, the irony), or actually hear a persons voice, rather than text. Well, all that is out the window now! I've become a massive texter, to the point that I rarely answer my phone anymore. I follow people's lives through facebook and Twitter, and now I have started a blog....all things I was very against doing just a few years ago.
So I have done it, I have ventured into the 21st century. A year ago, I purchased my first digital camera. When I moved into my house, I got a DVR, and my first HD flat screen (though it's a little one). Around the new year, I broke down and got high speed internet--hense all the social networking (haven't had internet for maybe 6 years and then it wasn't worth it--dial up). And today, I purchased an iPod (purple Nano, for those that are interested in knowing).
All these things have become a staple in my life....I carry my camera everywhere. I DVR all my shows. I use the internet consistently, and now I can tell that the iPod will be attached to me as well (I mean right now I could be listening to music on the computer, but I am playing with my new toy and listening to the Pod).
Does this show more of my addictive personality, maybe....or maybe I am finally giving into the greatness of technology....or maybe it's just that I was waiting for the better product to come out, at a cheaper price--I'm going with the last one there :)
My next tech purchase? A large flat screen, a new laptop....it has been a slow process to get me this far....so we'll have to wait and see... :)
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment