Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Great Break Happenings--Keep 'em Coming!!

I have had some wonderful happenings over my breaks in the past year!! Looking back they have been filled with fun and excitement!! I really hope this pattern continues!! I think these breaks have held the most fun I've had in...well, I don't know how long! Here is a quick run through...

Winter 2008- Christmas morning I was told that I would be becoming an Auntie!! This was the best news to get, and has lead to me falling in love with the little man!!! Can't get enough of his sweet smile!!

Spring 2009-Won the chance to meet the NW cast of Twilight early on in the week, and then later won the chance to meet Hoobastank and Gavin DeGraw at an intimate concert of about 75 people! One of the best concerts I've been to in awhile :)

Summer 2009-June 27th, became an Auntie...CW was born! This lead to a summer of hanging out with the little man and loving every minute. I also finally met my Aussie friends Kelly and Ash, who came over for a visit, and we proceeded to travel to LA and Vegas together! Aussie Invasion was AMAZING!!! I capped off the summer by winning the chance to meet Peter Facinelli before his meet and greet here in Portland! It was awesome!! No one else would talk to him, I probably chatted with him for about a half hour!

Winter 2009-This break wasn't really that great. I was dealing with a lot of feelings that I allowed to overtake me...sooo, I'm going to include the few weeks after winter break, which held the moment that I met Jackson Rathbone and the rest of the 100 Monkeys!! :)

Spring 2010-Didn't think too much was going to happen this week. But then I read in the paper that Leverage (which films here in Portland) would be filming at one of the schools in the district that I teach in...well since it is one of my favorite shows, and they were so close, I decided to go and check it out. Well, it lead to me meeting 4 of 5 of the main cast: Timothy Hutton, Gina Bellman, Aldis Hodge, and Beth Riesgraf (Christian Kane wasn't on set today). But the major freak out moment was when Jonathan Frakes walked by (he's directing)! I had a massive Trekkie freak out moment!! Plus he's the voice of Xanatos in Gargoyles, my favorite cartoon! That seriously made my day!!! They all signed my DVD of Leverage season 1--Jonathan Frakes signed twice across the synopsis' of the two episodes on season 1 that he directed. I couldn't take pictures with them, as pictures were not allowed on or around the set :(

**UPDATE-4/18/10- Last night I met some of the cast again, Jonathan Frakes again, AND John Schneider! That was so great!! See my next blog post for more info and the pics! :)

The future...

Summer 2010-I'm sure that it will hold much more than this, but this coming summer already holds an amazing adventure that will make that break AWESOME!! I will be heading to Australia to visit Kelly and Ash!! We will be traveling all over, and seeing a lot!! It's going to be the ultimate adventure with some great friends! Can't wait!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment