This Thanksgiving on facebook, people started posting things daily stating what they were thankful for. It came with a tag line that you were supposed to post with it, "Every day this month until Thanksgiving, think of one thing that you are thankful for and post it as your status. "Today I am thankful for..." The longer you do it, the harder it gets!" Something that I found interesting is that some people really seemed to have difficulty coming up with something every day. This is something that I find kinda sad. This whole thankful thing really wasn't too hard. It's not hard to be thankful for the things around us, you just have to look into yourself and see the greatness of what you have and who you are, and feel gratitude. ♥ Anyway, so that the things that I posted as being thankful for don't just disappear into the facebook abyss, I'm going to post them all here...I think that I will be continuing this practice, maybe not on facebook, but I think gratitude is something that many are missing in this world (I know that sounds kinda Oprah, sorry)....
It all started on Veteran's Day:
11/11/09- Today I am thankful for all the veterans out there that have stood up and fought for our country...though I may not believe in all that they have fought for, I am thankful that there are people out there that will do what they can to protect those they don't know and to put themselves in harm's way.
11/12/09- Today I am thankful for having health benefits that cover my massage/acupuncture/chiropractic appointments. I'm so relaxed and feeling good!
11/13/09- Today I am thankful for having an amazing class. We are performing a song at the assembly today. They have worked so hard on it. It'll be so sweet to see them up there singing about being caring and compassionate in front of the whole school! :)
11/14/09- Today I am thankful for my family's Duck football traditions! After 18 years of season tickets, it never gets old! It's a day filled with family and friends, great food, burning in the sun, freezing in the cold, or/and getting drenched in down pours, watching an amazing game and hopefully a Duck win!!! GO DUCKS!
11/15/09- Finally home, after watching a great game!! It was freezing, and since it is Sunday, today I am thankful for the kind fellows that we sit by at the Duck games, for they were nice enough to give me hand warmers to put in my mittens...otherwise I would have been miserable! Also, I am thankful that all the people we sit next to are fun and great people all around! :)
11/16/09- Today I am thankful for my home. I have lived here a little over a year, and everyday I love it more and more. I am thankful that I was able to purchase it when I did :)
11/17/09- Today I am thankful for my Great Aunt Billie, to which I say happy 88th birthday (okay her birthday was on the 9th, but we are celebrating it this evening)!! She has always been supportive and helpful to me. She is the last person left in my family from that generation...and this year she became a Great Great Aunt :)
11/18/09- Today I am thankful for my best friend Adriane. We met at our daycare provider's when we were crib neighbors (I was 6 weeks old). Ever since she has always given her friendship and support for all things. We've been through a lot in our lives, and I am truly thankful for our lifelong friendship! I'll also add in th...at I am thankful for her sweet little boys, who call me Auntie Cori ♥
11/19/09- Today I am thankful for my amazing dog Haylee! I have had her since she was just a little and adorable puppy! She is the best dog that I could ever ask for. She is completely my baby and I love her dearly! Plus today is her 10th birthday!!! Happy birthday Haylee :) ♥
11/20/09- Today I am thankful for things that entertain me...books, movies, television, plays, musicals, etc. These things create a way to laugh, to cry, to feel--if they are well done. Yes, it can be escaping your own life for awhile, but sometimes it's nice to step into another world when things around you are stressful or no...t so wonderful. It's the stories that I love!
11/21/09- Today I am thankful for being a morning person. I love that I get most things done before many get up in the morning. Yes, I complain at times about not being able to sleep in, but I wouldn't want to be a night person with the job that I have.
11/22/09- Today I am thankful for having amazing parents. My father passed when I was 11, and he was a great man, my mom is strong, and the most giving & caring person I know, and my step dad treats me as though I am his own. The love they all have given has helped me though so much.
11/23/09- Today I am thankful for a calm, relaxing, drama free life (there's a lot of fun in that). It's not always been that way, and I am thankful that I was able to change things to the way they are now, with the support of some amazing people.
11/24/09- Today I am thankful for the greatness of pancakes. I am longing for their yummy warmth. ;) (this is an inside joke, LOL!)
11/25/09- Today I am thankful for ALL my amazing friends that have come and gone or stayed in my life. They have all made an impact on my life and I am grateful for that! I hope that all are safe and happy!
Another thing that I am thankful for today (YES, I am giving 2) is the advances in technology! Especially Skype!! It is amazing that I can easily chat with my Aussie friend Kelly for free!!!! ♥
11/26/09- Today I am thankful for my amazing family (both immediate and extended--oh and super extended as well). I caring and support that we have for one another is heartwarming. I look forward to seeing them on later today (though some special people will be missing). Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!
Which brings us to now.... If you can find one thing in your life each day to be thankful for, truly thankful for your life will make a big turn for the positive. Be thankful for the people around you, the opportunities you have been given, the world around you, even if it's a hard thing to do some days, there's always something to be thankful for in our lives. Don't just hold it all in until Thanksgiving...
Friday, November 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment