Peter Facinelli (otherwise known as Dr. Carlisle Cullen or Mike Dexter) came to Portland to for a meet and greet to raise money for Doernbecher Children's Hospital on August 29th, 2009. Since the original convention was canceled, Peter felt it was still important to come and help out Doernbecher.
I was not going to go, because I didn't want to deal the the craziness of the crowd, let alone the screaming tweens and twimoms!
So when the Buzz said they were giving away the opportunity to have an intimate meet and greet with him, I jumped on it. Now I have never won anything before, so I wasn't really holding my breath, but when the phone rang and they answered, I had to pull over the car. I had the answer to the question, and I had won! What a great thing to win for the first time I've won anything!

I took my friend Mallory. We went into the offices and waited. When he arrived, he chatted with us a bit. There were only like 6 contest winners. I chatted with him actually a lot. The others didn't so much. He is seriously the nicest guy and so very friendly! We chatted about The Enchanted Forest (his fav Oregon place) and other things and he asked me to take a picture of him and the horse (Jantzen Beach's mascot) with his phone so that he could twitpic them!!! Which he did the following day!!! And not only did he sign my Director's Notebook (which he used to tell the radio station what the Cullen Crest means, because he forgot it--yes, my book) and an apple (to match the apple the NW cast signed), he was kind enough to sign a copy of "Twilight" for my school and donate a Carlisle t-shirt, to be auctioned off to raise money for the classrooms. He is such a classy guy! He is now completely my favorite!!! LOVE HIM! ;)
I have officially become Team Carlisle!!!
Here is a short video I took when I met him...here he's reading from my book and having some troubles with his "lines" He's tweeted the link to this video, and it has gotten a ton of hits and comments :)
Here is a short video I took when I met him...here he's reading from my book and having some troubles with his "lines" He's tweeted the link to this video, and it has gotten a ton of hits and comments :)
No comments:
Post a Comment