Each day leading up to Thanksgiving, I am posting a reason I am thankful on my facebook page. I thought it would be nice to have them all in one place, so I will add them here, as I add them there.
I'm thankful...
Day 1: ... for having friends that help me focus on the positive.
Day 2: ... that I can go to work and enjoy my day. Yes, it is stressful. But I LOVE my job, and wouldn't be happy doing anything else.
Day 3: ... for having health care that covers my massage/acupuncture/chiropractic treatments for my back and shoulder. I would be in so much more pain if I couldn't afford to go!
Day 4: ... for my students, past and present. Each day they teach me, as I teach them. They keep my life fun, and on days where I'm just not feeling hot, they make me smile and feel loved.
Day 5: ... for the Oregon Ducks. I've had season ticket to the games now, for 20 years. It brings my family together all through the fall, and I've met some fun people along the way!! GO DUCKS!!!
Day 6: ... for my past. Though there were hard times and sad moments, it has lead to where I am today, and I love it!
Day 7: ...for my pup, Ollee. Though she can be nuts (during her "puppy" moments), she has made this last year full of fun and love. I can never replace my sweet Hays, but Olls is an amazing dog, and I am lucky that she came into my life almost a year ago (I can't believe how much she's grown).
Day 8: ... for social networking. Not only does it allow me to keep up with old friends, but I have met some amazing people because of it. Which also led to some unreal adventures!!! Never thought I've become close friends with an Aussie, through Twitter!!! Love and miss you Kel and Ash!
Day 9: ... for my Great Aunt Billie, who is turning 90 today!!! She is the last in my family from that generation. I am lucky to have has her and her sister Agnes, as extra grandparents when growing up. The two of them were always so generous with my brother and I. And now to see her with CW, her great, great nephew, it's just too sweet! Happy Birthday, Great Aunt Billie!!!
Day 10: ... that I have the gift of organization and efficient use of my time. I am done with report cards, which means today I spend "report card day" getting other things done, and there is no stress!!!
Day 11: ... for the many men and women (past, present, and future) that serve our country in the military. The sacrifices you make to protect us is greatly appreciated. Those that gave the ultimate sacrifice, will always be remembered and honored in our hearts. Those currently stationed overseas, my thoughts are with you and I wish you a safe trip home soon. To all that have served, thank you, thank you, it cannot be said enough, thank you.
Day 12: ... for the ability to get away for a few days. Thanks to my mama, for allowing us to stay at her Sunriver house. And thank you sunshine for making a lovely appearance, when the weather forecast said snow and ice!! LOVING IT!!!
Day 13: ... that the eviction of the Occupy Portland movement didn't go in the violent direction (yet, anyway). I give the police props for not coming in and attacking, and am thankful that the protesters (except small groups) are keeping the peace--for now. I do think they need to disperse and move along...the message was lost weeks ago, and they have destroyed 2 lovely Portland parks and they are wasting loads of tax payer money.
Day 14: ... for the beauty that is the NW. I love living here! I love that only hours away from my home is the beach, the mountains, the high desert... I love the green, I love the rain (yes, I said it), and I love the seasons that change! This is home, this is my favorite place to be.
Day 15: ... for ALL my friends. Some have been around my whole life, some for a large chunk of it, and some are new to the game :) I am also thankful for those that I am no longer close to. Through the years you have all given me support, kindness, and made my life fun and interesting.
Day 16: ... for the opportunity to own my home. I, of course, bought right when things were beginning to fall, and it certainly has continued, but I love my house! And if I hadn't cashed out my stocks when I did, to put the down payment on the house, they would have been worth nothing, and even now with the lower housing costs, I wouldn't be able to buy. Everything happens for a reason!
Day 17: ... for my amazing step-dad, Bill. Since he has come into my family, he and his entire family have treated us, Carrolls, as though we were already a part of the family! Bill treats me like his true daughter. He helps me whenever I need help fixing or building something. I am lucky that my mom found such a great guy, with a great family!
Day 18: ... for entertainment--movies, television, books, iPods, music, plays, musicals...I'm thankful for it all!!!
Day 19: ... for my amazing, loving boyfriend, Greg. Today we have been together 8 months, and still going strong. He is the sweetest, most supportive, kind, most thoughtful guy I know. Love you so much, G!!!! Looking forward to the adventures that await us!!!! :)
Day 20: ... for my adorable nephew--which I guess, in turn, makes me thankful for my little brother. :) Over the past 2 and a half years, CW and I have had so much fun. He is growing up so fast and everytime I see him, he's learned so much more. Being an aunt is a truly wonderful thing!
Day 21: ... for my mom. She is the most amazing mom anyone could ask for. She has always supported anything I do (whether she agrees with it or not), and she is always there for me, no matter what. She didn't have it easy bringing up two kids by herself, but she knocked it out of the park. I love her so!
Day 22: ... for growing into the person I am today. I used to allow others to hurt me and take from me, but I have grown into someone that doesn't allow others to treat me disrespectfully or use my giving nature to take too much. I know my boundaries, I know what my red flags are, and I know that I am worth being treated with kindness and respect. And BTW- You are too!!!!!!
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment