
I have been a Duck football fan as long as I can remember. FAR before the years of going to bowl games. I have been going to games since I was 12 years old and have been a season ticket holder for 19 years now. I remember going to the games and being able to sit in the general admission section and lay down because no one was there! That all changed in 1994 with Kenny Wheaton's amazing pick (here announced by Jerry Allen):
That day went down in Duck Football history as being the day that changed everything for the team. From there we went to the Rose Bowl, and almost every year since have been ranked and bowl bound.
But yesterday...yesterday is the day that the Ducks took it to a whole other level! Their season was not only outstanding, but they have not won out a season in over 100 years! A 12-0 season has given the Ducks the National Championship berth! This from a team that is always seen as overrated, not good enough, and could never stand up against it's Big 10/12 and SEC counterparts...but here we are, watching it all happen, watching a team that has risen up beyond belief, to go to the National Championship game!
Here is Jerry Allen announcing the ending moments of the Civil War game, the final game of the regular season--the 12th win that took us to the top--this brought tears to my eyes:
Auburn awaits the Ducks on January 10th, in Arizona...it should be a great game, as the two teams are statistically pretty equal, but based on some out there, the Ducks may have the advantage--I read on ESPN.com that of the 2 teams, the Ducks closely resemble previous national champs!
We will wait and see what this team can do with Chip Kelly's direction and thought of Win The Day, and Darren Thomas' leadership--which he proved at Saturday's Civil War. What an AMAZING time to be a Duck fan!
GO DUCKS!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment